Kitchen / utillty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here i go- never done a kitchen before so im going to let everyone enjoy my ups and downs along the way.
i,m moving the kitchen into the dinning room with a utillity room going into old kitchen.
I,m also need to move the connecting door so I will be knocking down walls as well as knocking down part of a wall to give better access into the new kitchen from the hall.

Yes I have drawings approved by BC

Sponsored Links
check the walls to see if they are supporting before knocking anything or it might be more than a wall coming down good luck !
get all your services in first gas water electric then your flooring.

Thanks badgerchief I have have the house checked out by a structral engineer and I ok to take down the hall wall but between the kitchen /utillty it load bearing.

so you`ll need acro props and scaffhold boards to support the load of the floors above
has the structural engineer calculated for the r s j or lintel required?

Sponsored Links
week 1 over and we have knocked down the internal wall, added the electrics to the back wall and added some of the units and appliances

Take a look at one my threads where I did similar. Great fun isn't it? NOT!

All looking good. Keep up the good work.

:)

wall units fitted with hob/oven and fridge all connected and working
next stage is to move entrance to the right so we can install the new sink and dishwasher,Lintols are going in this week.
Going so much easier that I thought it would, even cutting the first work top was a breeze.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back