1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

Kitchen Wiring Assistance

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by vigalent, 15 Mar 2012.

1. scousespark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No I'm not saying that. I'm saying that the LABC in spectors don't get that deeply involved. They take the word of the electrician who
    signs off the installation.

2. JohnW2

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Indeed, but we're playing with words here. LABC have the ultimately responsibility for ensuring that Part P has been complied with. How they satisfy themselves of that compliance is up to them. My point (per my 'rhetorical question') was that they obviously must have an 'interest' in what is, and is not, accessible, even if they delegate the decision to an electrician who is not an employee of 'LABC'.

Kind Regards, John.

3. mikhailfaradayski

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Why don't you call your local LABC to discuss the issue, find out if they actually give a monkeys?

I'm sure they'll be happy to discuss it at length with you :)

4. ban-all-sheds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You face 2 problems here.

1) The inability of an awful lot of people to distinguish between "have an interest in" and "be interested in".

2) The fact that councils employ people to check compliance with Part P who are not competent to do so.

5. scousespark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The inspector just wants to know it's safe. It doesn't matter to him/her that a JB is in a circuit. That's a relevant as whether the circuit is RCD protected or buried deep enough.