Kitchen wiring

A few things that stand out:

You say totally re-wired?

Seems odd in that case that the ground floor ring final circuit has a 1mm² CPC, 2.5mm² was made with 1mm² cpc from the switch to metric cable sizes up until about 1982 when it changed to 1.5mm²... I'd check the colours ;)

A BS1361 type II has a breaking capacity of 33, not 80ka

A measured Ze of 0.09 would mean the PFC would have to be a bit higher than 1.47ka (possible that PSSC has been stated instead of the higher of either PSSC or PEFC?)

Cooker circuit in 4mm²? why? it probably calcs out, but to save a few quid at the expense that someone might need to replace it at a later date, unless he didn't install it at all....

EDIT: 50v and 230hz... thats damn sloppy form filling! , its an important document, shouldn't have silly mistakes like that :(

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for that - although I have no idea what it all means other than that possibly the test was not done properly or not done at all?

What should I do about this? Contact the NIC?

Yes, the house was totally rewired.

Thanks.

I'd investigate the downstairs ring final to circuit to check it is new colours, its more than possible the 1mm cpc is just a typo on the cert, it would fit with the rest, I'm not sure how best to go about it, but I'd say the spark needs to take a little more time over getting his certs right!

I'd definatly check the cables on the downstairs ring circuit though, if you paid for a full rewire, unless you agreeed exceptions then thats what you should get!

I suppose I cant knock it too much, at least you got a cert :) !

Sponsored Links
I would call the electrician back and give him a chance to make things right before you go in all guns blazing. Tell him you want him to make good that monstrosity with the taped up joints, connect up all the earth fly-leads, fix all the socket/switch fronts and reprint the EIC without the mistakes. If he argues then tell him you will be making a complaint to trading standards and the NIC regarding him leaving you with an installation with exposed live parts and poor terminations without adequate protection.

I see your point, however I dont trust this guy now at all. There have been endless problems throughout the whole job from power supply issues to the distribution system and it being blamed on "the sensitive nature of the new system, it takes time to settle down and has to be refined.", drawings and plans not being followed - even being lost on multiple occassions requiring reprints and even his employee who worked on site most days, turning up with no tools, turning up with the wrong tools (some of which i went off to buy so he could continue), not turning up at all and the best of all of them, sneaking upstairs to our bathroom (there were toilet facilities downstairs), taking a **** and leaving huge skid marks - f**king disgusting.

So my point is, I'll go to the NIC I think. This guy has been a joke.

davesmith1976 said:
Hi Davy,

Thanks for your comments.

What are your thoughts on this...?

electrics088.jpg

Its just taped together.

Are these cables for a light that hes assumed you would install or are they part of the power sockets circuit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back