Kitchen worktop, built under gas cooker and hob, advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've pretty much got my kitchen units in place now, next up are getting the granite worktops installed and a gas safe person in to plumb in the double built under gas cooker and hob.

If I get the worktops done first can the gas installer, usually, easily fit everything in place after? The old gas pipe is at the back of where the new cooker is to go.

Any tips on what I can do before the gas safe person comes in to do the job so that I can minimise the work he has to do?

Also, can anyone offer a rough estimate on cost for plumbing in a built under cooker and hob, I had a quote at over £400 (West London area), which seemed way steep to me.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Without knowing the layout it would be advisable to get gas guy in first as he may prefer to prepare pipework prior to installation and not after the top goes in.

Without knowing the layout it would be advisable to get gas guy in first as he may prefer to prepare pipework prior to installation and not after the top goes in.

I thought that might be the case. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Worktop installers will need details and template for hob when they measure up.

yes, I've got the hob already, I'll look in the box for the template.

I need to check the hob instructions for minimum distance between hob and cooker as well, to make sure I have enough clearance.

I'll add this for any readers of this thread in the future, hopefully they'll find it useful.

British gas quoted me £110 to plumb in the cooker, and £110 for the hob also.

So £220, which is about half the price of my first quote, but I suppose the cooker fixings and everything have to be sorted and British Gas will just plumb it in.

I'll add this for any readers of this thread in the future, hopefully they'll find it useful.

British gas quoted me £110 to plumb in the cooker, and £110 for the hob also.

So £220, which is about half the price of my first quote, but I suppose the cooker fixings and everything have to be sorted and British Gas will just plumb it in.
You could get cheaper, you can always get cheaper than BG.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back