Knot stains and using white knotting or Zin BIN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have knot staining coming through the paint on my skirting boards.

I treated the knots when it was first painted 4 years ago so not sure why I have a problem!

I see people have suggested white knotting or Zin BIN, but which is best to go on top of Dulux white satinwood? I will be painting again with satinwood.

The boards have had a light rub down to give me a key but do I need to do anything else or can I just put knotting or BIN straight on top.

Also, can I apply in spots or would I need to paint the full board. A bit concerned that that I may see raised spots on the finished board.

Any advice much appreicated.

Sponsored Links
Dont use the knotting the Bin will be fine.

Sorry yes you can spot prime the stained areas with the Bin.

Dec

bloody hell, that was a quick response.....

but am I ok to apply in spots or will I need to pain the full board(s)

Sponsored Links
thanks for that I will pick up some BIN tomorrow, I was just a bit concerned about the finish not finding a level and seeing raised areas where the BIN is applied.

Yes I see your concern, when you have applied your Biin over the stained areas just lightly sand back the edges just take care not to remove the system off the knots, if you feel happier then apply it to the entire skirting.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back