KOHLANGAZ FIRE -Servicing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a KOHLANGAZ Model K18 TYPE D - Gaz fire with artificial coals.
I have cleaned it out - mainly dust and things that have fallen down the chimney over many years and bits off the coals.
I have left the bed of sand on the base well alone and have put the coals back on.
I think that it is not burning right (there is a slight smell...)
Does anybody know how to service it or have the manuel.
I am going to change the coals and after what I have seen on the forum their disposition is important.
I would greatly appreciate any help
Thanks in advance
Doro
GasFire.png

Sponsored Links
Please dont attempt this yourself get someone that can carry out the proper tests, gas fires are very dangerous when messed about with

Does anybody know where one can buy new "coals" for this sort of gas fire please ?

Sponsored Links
ring the manu's:LOL: from the picture i can't see a data badge / label under the fire ????? is there one ??? if not , you will be hard to find someone to service or repair the fire without the manual as tccheating says

Last edited:
The make/model of the Fire = KOHLANGAZ Model K18 TYPE D
It is no longer followed by Kohlangaz nor by MFM-europe.com that bought them out.
When I questioned them they have no idea as it is discontinued.
Excepting to hunt on the internet....
Anybody got an idea where I can get new "COALS" for a COA-GAS FIRE please ?
Thanks in advance.

You must use the originally approved manufacturers coals specific to your fire - you can't just go lobbing any old thing on there and hoping for the best. I doubt very much if you'll find anywhere that has stock of such old and obsolete coals. Time for a new fire

You don't know anything about fire safety. You risk killing your family with CO.
Don't use it until it's been checked by a gas safe engineer.
This is good advice.
Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back