Ladder Harnesses

S

Shutpa

Friend fell off his ladder and luckily just broke his ankle. I want to clean my gutters but safely. Is there any kind of harness I can buy to attach myself to the ladder?

Sponsored Links
http://www.screwfix.com/search?search=safety+harness#_=p

Lots around but two things to think about first the ladder needs to be firmly fixed (Screw bolts for example) second sounds daft, but make sure the safety line will stop you before you hit the ground many are quite long for use on roofs etc.

I think Ann Summers do harnesses of sorts not really suitable but more fun!

Or of course tie a bit of piano wire around your wedding tackle and fix it to the ladder, pretty sure you will make quite certain you don't take risks and fall off!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The cheapest harness there dos look extremely sensible for a DIYr.
I always put on a harness when I go up onto my roof or up the ladder.

You can get rawl bolts with big loops in that you can then attach a caribiner onto to secure the ladder and yourself.

Yes you have to take a risk drilling the hole in the first place, and don't drill into the top few courses of bricks\stone but if your a tad concerned and are likely to do this often then its a good idea, if not that often then how much does it cost to pay someone else to do it?

Thanks for the replies but after reading mattylad's, have decided that 78 is just too old to climb a ladder, so will get guy in.

Sponsored Links
Just make the guy you get in is insured,

If he falls off the Ladder and kills himself in H & S Law you could be liable.

Thanks for the replies but after reading mattylad's, have decided that 78 is just too old to climb a ladder, so will get guy in.

Yes good decision, no matter how fit you are at 78 your bones take a long time to heal!(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back