laminate floor on move

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have laid laminate "planks" on our landing, (approx 16'x3') at the top of the stairs which are about 3' from one end of the landing, i have noticed that the laminate is moving as everyone steps on or off the stairs. It is forever being pushed to fill the expansion gap along one long edge and leaves a huge gap along the other side. I keep leaning on the wall and pushing it back with my feet but this will probably damage it eventually. Does anyone have any idea how I can stop this movement other than demanding everyone sprout wings at the top of the stairs?

Sponsored Links
If the laminate has been down for at least 6 weeks it should have climatised. In your expansion gap squirt a blob of gripfill or no nails every 1.5m along each edge. Make sure its only a blod so if the floor expands it still can.

thanks, the floor has been down only a week or so but will give it a chance to settle then use your idea.
OTG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back