Laminate whole area or not

Discussion in 'Floors, Stairs and Lofts' started by smithy12, 8 Apr 2012.

1. smithy12

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looking for some advice guys....My kitchen and dining area are connected with just a stud wall with an opening separating them , now the whole area is tiled but looking for a change and was planning laminate

Do I laminate the whole area or just the dining and re-tile the kitchen as I now hate the tiles and a few have "popped" and would prefer laminate but now not sure about laminate in both areas

Advice much appreciated

2. dazlight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Have you not looked at Karndean or amtico.
    Better product for kitchens as can take a bit of water and you don't have the expansion of laminate as its glued down. More prep involved though.
    Great designs too so you could have wood effect in dinning part and tile effect in kitchen.

3. crazydaze

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A Good quality laminate will be alot easier, quicker, cheaper and faster to fit, it will also be warmer under foot and highly durable and is a diy product, a cheap laminate will not perform anywhere near so well. Karndean or Amtico will be expensive and pro prep & fit with little advantage unless you plan to regularly mop the floor with water or have lots of spillages.