lawn repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a dog. She p***ses in the same place every time, its always one of the 4 corners of the lawn. She is away for a week and I have some new turf to put down (have laid it out flat on concrete and watered it for now). I wanted to know what is the best way to repair the bare ground where it is "contaminated". Would it be best to dig out a load of earth and replace with clean soil? Or will the turf take to the contaminated soil?

Sponsored Links
dig out the soil, down a good foot at least, refill it with new then some new turf. To be honest though she will only do it again in the same place. Lady dog wee is not good for a lawn

if you really want to keep your lawn nice then you have to religiously add one tablespoon of cider vinegar to her water dish Every Time it is refilled, two tablespoons if it is a huge container!

This will neutralize the acid in the wee and it is really good for her health and digestion, as it is for us too!!

apparently if you add one spoonful of tomato puree to her food that has the same effect so some discipline on your part would solve the problem.

My male dobe has cider vinegar in his water and my plants are surviving well :D good luck

Sponsored Links
I solved this problem another way, I bought a fence to confine her to the concrete/decking and patios. Lawn now looks great, also all of my plants now have heads on them, lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back