laying Block pave edging kerbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so iam about to lay some block pave edging from the bottom of my drive up the slope to the house. i wont be laying block paving , just using the kerbs to seperate the lawn to the drive. to get the finished top edge of the kerb to the required height it will mean building up the level to which the kerb will sit on , my question is , is it best to dig a footing , lay some blocks / bricks then concrete the kerb onto these resulting in the correct height, or just bed directly onto a pile of concrete ?... i would guess in places i need the kerb sitting 12 - 18" higher than the ground currently is ?

Sponsored Links
when we laid our drive, the original level was way below the required level at the road end. Rather than building it up with compacted hardcore or huge amounts of concrete (I was mixing myself with a shovel apart from anything) I just bedded in lumps of masonry from the wall we'd just demolished.
Not really to standard, but it seems to have held so far, so I think you should be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back