Laying Cobbles

Sponsored Links
dependent on teh mix, yes it is. You can do them on a wet or dry mix, although i prefer a wet mix if its not for vehicular traffic.

you really need to take out all vegetive material.fill with hardcore and then lay your cobbles to minimise any ground heave effect on them

Thanks chaps.

The cobbles are for light foot traffic.

What about if the ground is heavy clay, will they start moving in a few years? Am I best to get a more substantial edging stone, not as attractive as having cobbles abutting the lawn, but at least you know they will do the job?

Sponsored Links
its not the material you put on the top thats important but how you prepare the ground below.

The cobbles are only 50mm in depth which would only allow a small haunch. I meant should I get an adging stone which is deeper (say 100mm) hence allowing for a bigger haunch

Thanks.

its not the material you put on the top thats important but how you prepare the ground below.

sorry missed that on the picture. With chukka. you need a decent sub-base for them to be laid on, especially if it is clay. If its heavy clay i would be laying them on 150mm of mot for foot traffic.

The haunching is fine, if done properly they wont move sideways. Its the movement underneath on the rest of teh area you need to eliminate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back