laying flags

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am about to change the flags on my driveway, they are of sound footing and the only reason I am changing them is that we fancy a change.

I cannot lay the flags over the existing ones because of my damp proof course (is it correct you have to leave 6" from your damp proof?) therefore I will have to lift the existing ones up.

My question is...because they have a sound footing am I amble to just lay the new flags on top of the existing footings or will I have to do something to it first?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Sponsored Links
if you start to pall up the base with the flags then its for the best you just get rid of it replace it with M.O.T type one stone 15cm deep and use a wacker plate use a bed of 3parts sharp one part cement and a dash of pva in the mix wet the back of the flag with some water but to much use a malet to bed them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back