Laying Indian Sandstone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to get someone to put a patio down for us in indian sandstone approx 30m2

Currently where it's going to go there are 3 huge concrete slabs approx 4mx2.5m and around 4-5 inches thick. These are solid so will take a bit of getting up so wondered if the indian sandstone can be laid on top or if it's advisable to take it all up and lay it on the revelant subase.

If it is ok to lay it on top of the concrete would you just need to put a sand and cement mix down to lay it on?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you can lay on top of concrete if you have the tolerance.

do not lay on a wet mix though, as the water has no where to go. it will bubble through the joints and make a mess of the stone.

this only applies to solid bedded slabs (the proper way).

to remedy this, lay on semi dry muck.

cheers, just been having a look and by the time the base has gone down and then the slab on top in will be to close to the DPC so I guess I'll be getting some strong muscles and a bad back shifting all the concrete before i get someone to lay the patio :eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back