Laying slate paving

Sponsored Links
firstly your mad buying any paving unseen over the net. you have no idea what the quality is.

normally if its laid externally its laid with a 10mm (nominal) joint. I normalyy point it with a normal cement sand pointing mix. black dyed mortar goes grey after a very short time and looks pretty naff.

Mad..... Me????. Nah. :LOL:

She sourced it on the net and it is being supplied by a local firm in Reading. According to the firm their order books are full for this stuff. They do a "Patio pack" made up from various sized pieces but I have veered her away from this and got her to go for 600 X 600 for the 18 sqm she needs.

Thanks for the tip on the black pointing. The normal building sand colour appears very light and may also look Naff. Looks like a bit of experimentation is called for!

Cheers Thermo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back