lead gas pipe off meter to copper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was on a job yesterday and had to get 22mm to the boiler. the meter was about 10ft so i thought yeah sound no problems ill get a tee in off the meter.
came to look at the meter in the kitchen and saw it was lead off and it dissapeared under the floor to feed a fire and a hob somewhere along the line.
there must have been about 10 inches for me to work with but obviously i needed to do something with the lead.
anyway i took the lead pipe off the meter fitted a new union and came off in 22 ran it round to the boiler and connect back into the hob and fire further up.

i managed to get hold of a compression blank for the old lead pipe as it had a nut on the end wich was on the meter.

anyway to cut the story short how if i couldnt blank it off and needed to conect back into it would i do it. lead locks you canT use but my boss says just 'sweat' it up?! i was like fook that thats a bit rough - what fitting COULD be used?

cheers

Sponsored Links
****e sorry mate i missed T out ha ha.

you can tell from my post i didnt use one just need to know in the same situation would 'sweating' it be legal or is there i 'proper' fitting?

Sponsored Links
anyway to cut the story short how if i couldnt blank it off and needed to conect back into it would i do it. lead locks you canT use but my boss says just 'sweat' it up?! i was like fook that thats a bit rough - what fitting COULD be used?

Don`t you know John Wayne :?: , saddle up your Hoss and meander into the Sunset Babe...

Don`t forget the family that you have just murdered...... ;)

you and your dodgy boss are both heading for a meeting with the local judishury and a short unpaid holiday, GET TRAINED OR GET OUT....

you and your dodgy boss are both heading for a meeting with the local judishury and a short unpaid holiday, GET TRAINED OR GET OUT....

judishury....well funny... like that Cowboy.. :D :D

Err.. you did mean Judiciary didn`t you.... :D Don`t matter made me hurl me cornflakes.. :D :D :D :D :D

if you dont know you shoudnt be doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as i stated i didnt do it that way!!!!!

you lot make me laugh. im sure the ones of you which are corgi know absolutely everything about gas.....ha ha i dont think so!

i work mainly on sites so don't come across much lead, thats why i asked the question, but cheers lads for the help it was wonderful!

posting at 2pm, either you have no work on :( or its half term for the kids!! :D

Its neither of them ? its cos they only have to work half a day, what with the prices that CORGI guys charge, i think they are all stinking rich! well most of them near me are anyhow, they even have several other guys working for them so plenty of work on as well. ;)

i got the manservant to post for me after he had cleaned and valeted the bently and waxed the lear jet whilst one was pony trotting in the bahamas with the landed gentry............another normal weekend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back