Lead pip replacement - stop tap position...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am replacing the lead pipe in my house alongside a new rear extension. The pipe runs through the garage then around the back of my property coming in to the kitchen at the rear where I am building the extension.

I am going to dig a trench from the road, through the garage and then coming in to the kitchen from within the attached garage (single skin).

I just want some advice on whether I should dig down and run ducting under the house foundations and in to the kitchen that way or whether I can run the stop tap up the wall inside the garage and then drill through the wall in to the kitchen to take the pipework in that way. This is my preferred option as I want a water supply to the garage too.

Hope that makes sense!
James

Sponsored Links
Water supply pipes outside need to be at least 750 mm down.

It may be better to bring up your new supply inside the garage and through the kitchen wall. Less digging!

Tony

Thanks a lot Tony that's great, I was hoping I could do that!

Do I need to insulate the pipes that pass through the wall?

Sponsored Links
In theory yes! Also where you bring them up into th egarage.

As the garage is unheated, you need to put regulation thermal insulation on the pipe inside the garage!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back