Leak in Vokera SP80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Vokera SP80, that has developed a leak. The leak is on the top of a metal cylinder at the top and back of the pump, outlined in this picture:

There seems to be a lot of crustyness on the top of this cylinder. There is a little plastic cap thingy on it, a bit like the cap on an air valve on a car tyre, which seemed a little loose. I tightened it a bit and that seems to have stemmed the flow a bit, but it still seems to be leaking. The boiler is old and needs to be replaced (at least that was we were told when we tried to get it serviced last year) and we are in the process of selling our house. The buyer knows the boiler needs to be replaced when they move in. We don't really want to shell out a lot to get it fixed and if it is something we could fix ourselves then that would be the best.

So, what is the leaking bit called? Are they expensive to buy? Is it difficult to replace? is this something I could do myself (I'm a competent diy-er and don't mind getting my hands dirty)? If I was to get someone in to do it what sort of ball park figure are we talking to fix it? Does anyone have any recommendations in the Brighton/Hove area?

Thanks

Sam

Sponsored Links
cheap to replace. if you want to stop it leaking take the cap off and clean the crud out of it and put it back on tight.

That is an auto air vent and can be obtained for about a tenner.Easy to fit after isolating the boiler correctly and de pressurising.Diy certainly with care. Refill and vent correctly afterwards and you should be ok.

it will be on tight, just watch out if the pump has the slip coupling underneath, you may disturb it and start another leak.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. I'll try cleaning the crud out and see if I can stop the leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back