Leaking Conservatory Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My glass UPVC conservatory roof is leaking. It's not much, but needs fixing. How do I go about a DIY repair please? Thanks

Sponsored Links
You don't give a lot away do you, play poker by any chance. post a picture.

Sponsored Links
I had a simular leak problem on my conservatory roof over a year ago,water was leaking in from under the end coronet part of the finial on the roof ridge. I got the fitters back from the company concerned and they unscrewed the end of the finial where the leak was,put loads of sealant on all of the joints,and then fitted what looked like a small waterproof fabric type cover over the end of the roof ridge,then screwed the finial back down. Job done ! no leaks so far.

I know this is likely too late to help you fithawk but may help others. One problem with conservatory roof leaks is that the evidence does not always appear in the spot where the problem is. It travels and can be very misleading.

If the roof panels/units do not appear to have slipped down and the top cappings appear still to offer tight compression against the roofing material then the ridge may be the source of the problem. However, there is obviously many situations and factors that could contradict this.

If the problem is in the ridge, then a replacement ridge capping may be a relatively low cost but long term solution. There is an Ultraframe Ridge Kit then can be fitted to uPVC and timbers ridges to offer a solution. What is more, I'd recommend always flashing the ridge and radius end too for additional protection.

Take a look at http://supplies.trulypvc.com/category/105-conservatory-roof-ridge.aspx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back