Leaking Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our dishwasher blew the fuse, so we called in the engineer. The cause was water leaking from one of the seams which dripped onto the motor. The engineer said it would cost more to repair (new "tank") than to replace.

We don't have the money at the moment to buy a new dishwasher, so I was wondering if there was any way of sealing the leak from outside.

Sponsored Links
If you do repair the leak, which i assume is no big deal to replace damage seal.
Would that mean the motor would be okay?
I think you'll find that the engineer may have been idicating the motor either needs replacing or repairing.

If you do repair the leak, which i assume is no big deal to replace damage seal.
It's not a seal which has gone, but a welded seam in the stainless steel rectangular tank. You can see the green gunge where the leak is.

The motor is OK.

Use chemical metal from a motor factors to seal it. Depending on make and model you may not get the tank.

Sponsored Links
Use chemical metal from a motor factors to seal it.
Thanks for the suggestion. Halfords sell it and another product called Super Steel.

Depending on make and model you may not get the tank.
I can't find it listed on the manufacturer's website, so you are probably correct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back