leaking flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
we have a soil pipe running up through my flat garage roof that is felted.
with heavy rain a small amount of rain runs down the outside of the soil pipe into the garage. i have been up, brushed on a thick layer of bitumen around the pipe and roof joint but it still comes in. other than getting in someone who knows what they are doing has anyone got any advice
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Go and buy a rubber collar which fits around the pipe and over any upstand

Thanks for the advice so far. this is a view inside the garage showing the water damage so i recon i'll have to replace some boarding
if i cut out the damaged area and reboard and felt i still have the problem of the pipe as you can see its about 50mm from the wall and on the roof there is a lead flashing behind it and a toilet feed going into it about 100mm above the roof surface.
1. i thought they only made the pipe rings for pitched roofs
2. would it fit

Sponsored Links
if that svp is hard against the wall you're going to have problems getting it watertight.

Go and buy a rubber collar which fits around the pipe and over any upstand

Where can you get these rubber collars?
Do they fit around the soil pipe right against the wall? The ones coming out of the flat roof, about 2-3" from the wall?

Cheers
Zeb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back