Leaking hinge on shower screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’ve bought and installed a shower screen with a small fixed panel and a hinged, swinging door. Installation was fine and everything seemed to be in as expected. The problem is that the hinge mechanism seems to leak – if water hits the hinge directly then it runs underneath the hinge (but inside the mechanism) and then out the other side and onto the floor. I can’t seal up the hinge area where the water gets in as it needs to be free to be able to move with the door. Hopefully the photographs make it a bit more obvious but has anyone come across this before? It seems like a design fault but perhaps I’ve missed something obvious? I can’t for the life of me work out how to fix this!

This is the actual screen but the photos hopefully show a bit more detail:
http://www.betterbathrooms.com/bath...ctangular-double-bath-screen-with-towel-rail/

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

This is the screen:

This is the inside of the hinge:

This is the outside, where water runs out from:

Thanks!
James.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi James,

Did you ever manage to sort out the problem with the leaking hinge on your shower screen?

We have exactly the same problem with an almost identical shower screen we have just bought from Better Bathrooms.

Any advice or help you can give would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back