leaking hinged shower screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we installed a hinged shower screen, which has a rubber strip against the wall, and a rubber strip along the bath. In the kit, was an L shaped piece of rubber to insert at the corner joint between the two strips, which needed to be pushed in and sealed with silicon sealant. Unfortunately, as the screen gets moved back and forth, the corner joint does not do it's job properly, and is leaking water not only along the end of the bath, but water is travelling along the bottom sealant strip and coming out of the other end! Disaster! Any suggestions on how I can remedy this?
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. It seems the corner joint is just not very well designed. I'd be happy to replace the strip, but can't really find one that copes with vertical and horizontal rubber seals. Whenever the corner joint hits the wall when it is swung back into position, the silicon splits and back to square one!

I had a similar problem and ended up putting silicone sealant all along the inside and in the corner and making the screen fixed !

It just kept leaking otherwise.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply - I think it's our only option. Either that or a dreaded shower curtain...!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back