Leaking joint between Toilet and waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The porcelain pipe coming out of my toilet goes into a lead pipe and then joins the cast iron downfall pipe outside. The lead pipe has been enlarged to take the porcelain pipe and it would appear to go into the lead pipe by a few inches. There is a small leak between the porcelain and the lead when the toilet is flushed. I would think the water is leaking because of capillary action between the lead and porcelain. I cannot remove the toilet to reseal the joint, as it is more than 60years old and probably very fragile. Most sealants only work on a dry joint but this joint is obviously wet are damp all the time. Any advice please on how I could solve this leak. The pipe is also very close to the floor (about 1" I would think) which makes the job even more difficult.
Thanks. Paul

Sponsored Links
You could cut away a section of the lead pipe and replace it with a flexible WC connector like these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back