Leaking kitchen sink trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Having some issues with leaky trap pipework, checked rubber seals on compression fittings and they are goosed.

Bought a 40mm seal kit but the rubber olive was slightly bigger then the old ones and would not fit correctly.

Obvs what I assumed was 40mm is not but having trouble finding a replacement, pipe work is original Cooke and Lewis job I think.

Any advice would be much appreciated, Thanks

Sponsored Links
image.jpeg

Here's what it looks like, this is not my handy work but there is a smell coming from sink when emptied, is this because the rinser pipe work in the middle is bypassing the trap? Thanks in advance

If the grey pipe running through the back of the cabinet is the outflow then yes, it isn't trapped and you will get drain smells. I'd be looking at pulling that out and re-doing it as it's piped wrong.

Sponsored Links
Thanks gents suspected as much, think prev installer couldn't be bothered re routing outfall through wall, bodge it and scarper.

Yup, it's all the wrong way around. The 1/2 bowl should drain down to the main bowl, that then has the trap to protect both bowls and that then flows out to the main waste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back