Leaking toilet waste pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,I have replaced my toilet ,sink and shower cubicle ,the sink is fine no leaks ,Shower cubicle waste runs awayfine no leaks .But the toilet leaks, i have used a new pan connector and fitted it to the toilet but when it is flushed a small leak appears it runs from the bottom of the pan connector. I have inspected the porcelin outlet on the toilet all looks ok but it does not appear to be perfectly round . I was told that i needed to put some silicone around this which i did i left it for 24 hours then refitted it to the pan connector but still leaked.

I have now install another new pan connector but this still leaks , Does anyone know if there is a seal that i can put around the porcelin peice to help sealing the pan connector.

HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN HELP

Thanks

Holly1402

Sponsored Links
pan connector don't require any silicone, plumbers mait etc.

it can be a faulty pan
it can also be a cheap pan connector.

have you a pic ?

Hi, i have used two new pan connectors ,one flexiable and now one rigid .
Cant tell u what make they i have thrown the packaging away.All i can tell you its white with a black rubber.
I havent got any photos yet,
Thanks for your help
holly1402

What make of toilet pan do you recommend . I have spent nearly £20 on two new ones,So obviuosly i need a good one .
Thanks
Holly1402

Sponsored Links
My bet is on an odd shaped pan if you gone through two pan connectors with the same fault.
The pan connector has a very small hole that connects to the pan, this is enough to seal it. All the ones I have fitted never leaked. Even a cheapo pan connector will do this simple task of sealing pretty well. Could be a oddly formed pan out the mould possibly.

Could it be from flush pipe cone if you have a low level cistern?
Or a close coupled pan/cistern donut washer not sealing?
Are you sure it leaking below pan connector? check above on pan to make sure it not wet.

I would go for Kwikfit pan connector, they are good for mis shape pan outlet, one piece fitting with green sealing ring, Travis Perkens have them in stock.

Dan

Thanks guys for your comments ,Its certainly leaking from the pan connector and the close coupled cistern . checked that first ,It wasn't leaking but still removed it and made sure the big sealing ring ok and not kinked .
Anyway having left the toilet now for 2 days just thought i would just go back to it and see how much the pan connector was leaking,I am totally amazed it seams to of sealed its self <i have flushed it and flushed it but no leak.I will keep my eye on it if it does leak again i will get another pan connector the one you described from travis perkins.
Many Thanks Again Guys.
Mark
p.S. How can it not leak now?

Make sure the pan is level and waste is aligned properly to the soil pipe and it should not leak. :D

Once had a cheap imported wc pan that had the two halves cast out of sync. Imagine two semi circles put together to make a circle but slightly out of line.
A wrapping of denso tape sorted it for the time being. I protested that the pan should have went back as faulty goods but the guy who I was working for didn't care. A week later the house was sold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back