Leaking triton shower - replace or repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My c5-7 year old Triton Bewitch shower has developed a leak dripping once every couple of seconds from the unit outlet pipe this week from the unit that seems to have occurred following a water cut earlier this week.

I don't know if the leak is due to an issue with the PRD or a seal within, but I'm not convinced I have the expertise to fix it myself - therefore since I would have to call someone out anyway and considering the age of the unit, I am wondering if it is worth replacing with a new like-for-like shower (e.g. Triton Martinique for £90). My other consideration is that I have had some low pressure issues at times but it's stable at the moment using economy mode (the main hot mode can make water temperature jump) - I'm wondering if the new unit will help or could make the issue worse, as at least my current solution is working.

Any thoughts welcome!

Matt

Sponsored Links
Personally I would just replace it. Thats not a bad age for an electric shower these days at all.

With reference to the low pressure issue, that can be a problem, ususaly they will say in the instructions a running pressure and flow rate minimum for it to work without cutting out on overheat/low pressure, worth looking at the bewitch instructions (1bar at 9.5l/min or there abouts I think) and comparing that to a new model you might buy as you could make it worse if you buy a new shower thats not tollerant to it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back