Leaking Window

A few more pics of your property from a bit further back would help, also is that your neighbours house in the back ground.

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes that's the neighbouring house in the background. You can see that their bottom tile slopes down properly but mine is sat on a horizontal facia.

I wonder how long it's been leaking. I bet it's made a mess of the cavity insulation. Any other problems this could have caused if its been leaking for years?

Will try to post better pics.

Well the most striking thing about your roof and your neighbours roof is the difference in pitch or is that an extension I am looking at.

True, the pitch of the roofs are very different. I don't think that's a problem in itself though, all the houses on the street are different designs.

If I look at other photos, the facia and box end are cut to slope down with the roof:

Whereas on mine the bottom row of tiles is horizontal so the water collects underneath and then seaps through and down the inside of the wall:

Does the soffit/facia/guttering/box end etc need redoing? Or is it simply that some of the tiles are letting water through and need replacing?

Sponsored Links
Your tiles will be letting water in at that pitch when it is raining heavy, the felt is then supposed to take that water into your gutter, but if it is the old type of felt then it will have rotted by now.

Try sealing all possible leaks with sealant. I also think that the rain gutter might not be able to heavy rain waters try reinforcing your rain gutter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back