Leaking Worcestor Bosch Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Got a call round to my mother in laws today, its getting too cold for her now, bless her cotton footwear so has put the heating on, she phoned to to tell me the gauge was low so i went round to use the filling key for her, when i got round the system was showing approx 1/4 bar so filled it to 2, as soon as i turned the water off the needle came back and slowly after a while it returned to its original position. A quick look outside shows a steady stream of water from the over flow pipe.

Am i correct in guessing the PRV has operated and has not seated correctly? if so is this an expensive job as at 74 its not the kind of xmas present she might have been hoping for.

Is it simply a case of remove, clean and replace the PRV or does she need a new one. If its any help the system was serviced in late June this year and it hasnt been on except for the hot water function.

Sponsored Links
hiya mate

it may be just the prv which is a very simple job to do (and inexpensive) but you need to work out why it has happened. it may be that the expansion vessel has gone so you should check this as well (see FAQ)

which model is it?

i think its a 28cdi but not 100% i can check, i tihnk it is this one as it looks identical to mine.

What would be the going rate for someone to do it? i am happy to do it myself but being military and due to sods law i am away from tomorrow morning for a short while

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back