Leaky compression joints - which jointing compound?

Sponsored Links
unlike te other replys,you should smear it on the pipe between the olive and the fitting,and on the olive if you like,sorted :D

Ahh - but what is IT? I still can't find a joining compound suitable for plastic pipe and hot and cold potable water :(

(The tru-blu, it seems, is a thread sealer)

unlike te other replys,you should smear it on the pipe between the olive and the fitting,and on the olive if you like,sorted :D

Ahh - but what is IT? I still can't find a joining compound suitable for plastic pipe and hot and cold potable water :(

(The tru-blu, it seems, is a thread sealer)

no need to use a jointing compound on plastic,use copper olives

Sponsored Links
Jet Blue is fine! I smear paste on the fittings, the groove the olive sits against to form the seal that's where I smear paste.

You must never smear it on the olive, you lightly smear it on the pipe ABOVE the olive.... ie where the pipe tightens to the fitting above the cone /olive.

Eh?
The pipe doesn't tighten to the fitting. The olive is compressed between nut and fitting; it tightens to and forms the seal to the pipe and to the fitting.

You shouldn't need compound with new olives. If a fitting drips, put a smear of compound around the olive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back