Leaky extension...Low Pitch

Sponsored Links
Did they do the pointing with a catapult? :eek:

You can't polish a turd, that all needs coming off and doing properly. Looks like a stonewald on there, madness.

Sponsored Links
That's a nice broken tile. Is his English broken too?

What so sad he is, or was a personal friend.
Thank You

Sorry to hear that!

If your friend is a builder he is maybe out of his comfort zone regarding the roof, pitch, tiles etc.

If he has made a decent job of the extension and is willing to put the roof right .... :cry:

joe-90";p="2665162 said:
That's a nice broken tile. Is his English broken too?

Why do you keep making such offensive racist comments??

You've already asked whether they were 'gypos or EE' You see a bad job and naturally assume it has to be a 'foreigner'? Like this country didnt have lazy, imcompetent home grown builders??

And before you ask I'm white British but just can't stand these racist comments. The most annoying thing is the arrogance involved.

You carry on using Johnny Foreigner then. Try reading the forum for a while and you'll see plenty of the no skilled foreigner after the big bucks but has no training. Complete bodge artists.

You carry on using Johnny Foreigner then. Try reading the forum for a while and you'll see plenty of the no skilled foreigner after the big bucks but has no training. Complete bodge artists.

I do plenty of reading thanks. The issue is you only see and hear what suits you and ignore the rest. In this way you somehow justify your disgusting racist attitude.

You really are quite ignorant.

I didn't get to vote about giving the UK to foreigners, so I'll tell you here and now - I'm not in favour. Bet you vote labour. ;)

No I don't vote Labour. I have no interest in how you vote or your views on immigration.

But it just goes to show that your assumption and assertion on these forums that all bodge work is done by foreign builders is based on your personal racist views rather than fact.

The fact is that you are probably threatened by the plentiful supply of foreign builders who do a decent job and have now taken your work.

I have met plenty of foreign builders (EEs, Indians, Chi nese and most recently Nepalese!) that have done very good work for people I know.

Personally I'd take any of them over a bigoted, close minded Sun reader like you who probably spends half the day smoking and drinking tea. You probably spend the rest of the day moaning how the country has gone to the dogs....

Strip the roof, deck it, felt, counter batten tile batten then put the tiles back on.

This would still leak and rot the battens over time.........
Tiles aren't made for that pitch, there are several options but tiles aren't one of them!
I've heard so many bodges over the years, doubling the felt isn't a solution it's a bodge.........
Why oh why oh why oh why are people happy to spend money on every other part of their house but when it comes to the roof they want to skimp as much as possible??
Rant over sorry if I have offended anyone.
Zinc would last forever and NEVER leak :mrgreen:

Yes well we have already been told it will take 5yrs to learn the basics, so we can always felt over the counter batons and wait 20yrs for them to rot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back