Leaky roof, please advise.

The weather has not stopped raining here for weeks, I mean every day so I would not use fibre glass, and how long is this gutter anyway. ubiflex will be fine as long as it is detailed correctly.

Sponsored Links
I suppose the weather is dreary and wet; Accuweather's not forecasting anything good either. I can't help but think the neighbour's cats are going to put holes in the rubber though.

Sponsored Links
So get a leadworker to do your leadwork and a roofer to do your roofing!

If you wish to keep lead in this valley gutter the easiest way would be to install a lead expansion joint every 2 metres. Please get a fully qualified leadworker to do this for you. He would have to check that the lead in the gutters is 'code 5' lead first, then split it and then weld in the expansion joint properly. It is hard to tell from the photo's whether there are any expansion joints on there but as many of my learned colleagues have stated it does look to be a poor design. I would seriously think about making the valley gutter wider to. Installing steps is an option but you would need 3 steps and you might not have enough working height to do this.[/b][/u]

So get a leadworker to do your leadwork and a roofer to do your roofing!

If you wish to keep lead in this valley gutter the easiest way would be to install a lead expansion joint every 2 metres. Please get a fully qualified leadworker to do this for you. He would have to check that the lead in the gutters is 'code 5' lead first, then split it and then weld in the expansion joint properly. It is hard to tell from the photo's whether there are any expansion joints on there but as many of my learned colleagues have stated it does look to be a poor design. I would seriously think about making the valley gutter wider to. Installing steps is an option but you would need 3 steps and you might not have enough working height to do this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back