legal action against building control/ approved inspectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know LA building inspectors can't be touched, but does anyone have any experience with suing an approved inspector?

Basically, the building inspector made a pigs ear of things and is trying to make out it is my fault.

One thing I noticed is that in the site reports, it states that the next site visit is to be within a max of 28 days. One of my site visits was over this and I believe caused serious problems with my build. Could I sue on this basis?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
One thing I noticed is that in the site reports, it states that the next site visit is to be within a max of 28 days. One of my site visits was over this
Eh? The building inspector inspects as and when you request him to. He will not just turn up to your site on a whim if there is nothing there for him to inspect. Do you think they just get bored and start dropping in on sites unannounced?
It was a 10 year gap between my (extension) penultimate visit and the completion visit.(y)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back