Less2build the first step in DIY disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Less2build a buyers disaster

I placed two orders with this outfit. I did it in two separate orders because I did not have space to store the stuff. The first order was placed on the 16 April and I received an email saying it would be delivered on the 18th barring lorry failure etc. On the 18th I placed the second order. The first was not delivered, I sent an email asking if the Lorry had broken down, no reply. 19th nothing arrived, 20th was a Saturday and I didn't think there was much point in calling, same on Sunday.

On the Monday nothing arrived, I had now lost 5 working days. I phoned and was told that they had put the two orders together to save money! Good for them. Although the first order should have been on its way before the second was placed.

Tuesday the job should have been finished but the stuff had still not arrived. Mid morning I blew a fuse and told them to cancel the order and park it where the sun don't shine. 3.30 the order arrived and I sent it back.

Luckily one order had been paid with paypal and I was able to open a case against them and reclaim my money. Unfortunately the other order was paid with my credit card and they have not refunded this money.

Six weeks on and I am out of pocket and they do not answer emails, I am scared to phone because I know I will lose my rag.

Less2build more like less2deliver, lessmaterial2build, lessdays2build and lessmoney2build.

Sponsored Links
Call the credit card company. They are legally liable jointly with the business for any failings - so they can give you a refund and charge it back against the business (their T&C allow them to simply take it from the business's bank account). Assuming that the contract was for between £100 and £30,000.

Look up the law (something in the consumer credit act IIRC) first - you can be fairly certain that the first response you'll get from the CC company is to tell you that it's nothing to do with them and you'll have to show that you know chapter and verse. You probably will have to show that you've tried (and failed) to get a refund directly.

Failure to deliver in a timely manner can be considered breach of contract - particularly if you agreed a specific date for delivery and that wasn't met.

Sponsored Links
Back