less2build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bahco, thanks for your comments less2build where supposed to be reputable according to the FMB, and the price was good, pity the FMB did not place an order before they awarded them the "Sign of Building Quality REG7

Sponsored Links
Hi snico, thanks for your comments, I did do some checking locally but found less2build cheaper, by £50 but I thought I was getting BRICKS not expensive HARD CORE. Some of their items are dearer than local companys, cheers REG7

Hi handyman77, I am in total agreement with your comments, they did not even have the decency to contact me by phone only by e-mail, REG7

Hi merlin50, thanks for that information I will make contact with the fmb, cheers REG7

Sponsored Links
I know its too late now, but you did not consider buying locally?

I just had a look on their website and they are quite expensive compared to local merchants.

eg, their dense concrete blocks are almost £1 each, I bought 300 locally for 59p each. Other things on their site seem overpriced too.
I've just noticed that too

Hi merlin50, just thought I would say thank you for your information about this company, I have just been onto the FMB and they are sending me a complains form, and they will deal with them re my complaint. This may seem extreme but its now a matter of princible, how much of their profits are made by dumping damaged goods on the public and not giving a dam, REG7

Hi merlin50, just thought I would say thank you for your information about this company, I have just been onto the FMB and they are sending me a complains form, and they will deal with them re my complaint. This may seem extreme but its now a matter of princible, how much of their profits are made by dumping damaged goods on the public and not giving a dam, REG7

Way to go, quite often when i get a delivery of roofing tiles there are a score or so damaged, i had the Redland rep out last year, he gave me a good discount on the next delivery, not much good to you if you're not buying more bloocks but it may be worth getting in touch with the supplier maybe? Anyway good luck :D

Fair play reg. Good luck! About time companies took in account us having to for goods not fit for purpose!o

Hi pred, good for you to many people just take what there given, I intend to keep pushing, REG7

Hi handyman77, thanks for your support, I may not win but they will know I was not laying down to walk on, and I have brought them to peoples attention, REG7

Hi Reg , Very sorry to hear of the problems you have been having with these bricks ,
We had a call from the hanson rep on the day i emailed you back and he had said these would be replaced by hanson , The reason we could not replace them is because we are told to allow for 10% waste on this product making it a problem passed from the manufactorer to us and so on ,
I understand the frustration you had but the message we pass on is the message from the people that supply us
As a gesture of good will I would happily send a give voucher for £15 on your next order
Again please accept my aapoligesthis matter and I look forward to you response

Paul
Less 2 Build

Hi Paul, thanks for your e-mail, as I stated in my first e-mail to yourself I would not be dealing with your company again so the offer of a £15 gift voucher off my next order becomes null and void. If when I placed my order I had been told that I would have to expect damage / waste as yourself or Hanson are now telling me I would never have placed the order. I would have been better off going to B&Q or Wickes and picked my own undamaged bricks, or gone to a local company where I could have made any complaint face to face if I received any damaged ( which I doubt ). I have been in touch with Hanson and spoken to one of their reps and am now waiting to hear from them again. When I go to shop at my local supermarket after paying I do not expect to be told that some of the items may be no good. I paid good money and I feel I have every right to expect GOOD goods, REG

Hi Reg , We also spoke to the rep from Hanson regarding this issue , He told us that he would resolve it and send you an additional 30 bricks as replacements since then i assumed the issue had been resolved . In your previous comments to other members you noted that the bricks where alot cheaper than local supplies on this product some people have pointed out we are more expensive on some which i understand as we can not be the cheapest on every item , some super markets are better at some product prices than others, this is the case with building materials and all products multi stocked with all companies . The posting about Getting so rich so quickly i don't quiet understand we work on very small margins offering the best prices we can to our customers on the products we sell, We are a small family run business and employee local and loyal staff , I have had many dealings with building materials over the years as i am also a builder over the time i have worked on sites i must have had to throw away thousand of bricks that come damaged DUE to the 10 % wastage rule maybe i will take up with some of the companies that i also feel i should be reimbursed the losses i have had ,
Hopefully we can resolve the issue ASAP

Paul
Less 2 Build

Hi Paul, thanks for your e-mail, first I have checked all my e-mails on this subject and I can not find any reference to "getting so rich so quickly", I have got no problem with people getting rich, wish I had, despite having worked hard and done some rubbish jobs in my 74 years, what I have problems with is paying good hard earned money for RUBBISH GOODS, the bricks I received from you were either damaged between the manufacturer and yourself, or between yourself and my point of delivery, NOT BY ME so why am I expected to bear the loss. We will not resolve this matter as you hoped we would until I receive from someone the full amount of UNDAMAGED BRICKS I paid undamaged money for, REG

Paul, where on your website does it say that up to 10% of the bricks may be damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back