less2build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi cajar, thanks mate, exactly, something I would like to know, seems this only gets mentioned when the customer has a problem REG7

Sponsored Links
It does not , But if you buy a pack of grapes from a super market and some are brushed or bad it doea nt say on there or you receipt anything either ??
It does mention a part in liability in the terms and conditions about sending damaged goods back to us at our office for us to examine, This would in this case out weigh the cost of the bricks that are damaged and thus being null and void in this instance for Reg to do so but if he wanted to do that i can then look at them and pass onto my rep for the company that make them and maybe resolve the issue in this way ?

Reg this is the part so rich so quickly from an earlier post of yours,

Hi merlin50, on this one we will have to agree to differ, I don't rip people off and I don't expect to get ripped off, I try to check things out first, but now I know how this MERCHANT has become so rich so quickly, REG&

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/genera...79/#ixzz1pwkDiVu1[u][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][/u]

I have just found this on the internet a few times it out lines how to measure up for bricks needed the bottom part is very consistent on lots of sites

For an easy rule of thumb guide you should allow 60 bricks per square metre for the building of a single skin wall. This is known as a half brick wall and is shown in Diagram 1. The style is known as Stretcher Bond with only the long ‘Stretcher’ faces of the bricks visible.

When determining how many bricks are required you should first work out the area of the brickwork as follows:- Length of wall say 4m, height of wall say 0.5m, multiply the two figures together, 4m x 0.5m = 2 square metres. Square metres are often written as ‘m2’ or ‘sq.m’.

In the example above for a 2 square metre wall you will need to multiply 2 (area of brickwork) x 60 (number of bricks per square metre) = 120 bricks.

If you intend constructing a one brick thick solid wall, as shown in Diagram 2, then you should allow for 120 bricks per square metre. So for a one brick thick solid wall you will need 2 (area of brickwork) x 120 (number of bricks per square metre) = 240
bricks. The visible ends of bricks are known as ‘Headers’.

These figures do not allow for wastage or breakage, so it would be advisable to add a few extra to the order to make certain you do not run short. Normally 10%; extra should be sufficient.

Hi Paul, yes I can see I did make this statement, but it was not ment in the contect that you took it

Sponsored Links
Reg , I try very hard to keep all my customers happy , In most cases we do so , On this I have very strong views also reflecting on the fact that i also have a huge waste ratio when I use them , I think we just need to find a solution between ourselfs to sort this out ,

How can we try to move forward on this Issue ?

Just as pointer what contect did you mean that comment in
Paul

Just as a point to show that we do listen to what people say unlike the larger companies ,We will add to our site that most bricks may have upto 10% waste Per Pack to make it more clear for the customer , This may make the situation easier to resolve if it arises again

Paul
Less 2 Build

Hi Paul, yes this site does say 10% wastage or breakage, but down to yourself when building, not when delivered by the supplier. the Sale of Goods Act 1978 (as amended)states, that whena conssumer buys goods from a trader they MUST be: of a satisfactory quality; and fit for any purpose made knowen at the time of sale to the seller. This legislation also states that the seller, NOT the manufacturer, is legally obliged to sort out a problem if the goods do not meet these requirements. The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) says: if goods break within the first six months after purchase then there is a presumption the goods were faulty when sold. The bricks you sold me were BROKEN on arrivele

Hi Paul, I pushed the wrong button and sent my last message before finishing it, I was about to say I have taken advice and if I took you to the small claims court you would be found to be in breach of the Sale of Goods, Act REG7

Hi Reg I Did ntask for the sale of goods act I asked for you opinion on how we can forward on this issue ,
In what way do you think it can be resolved so that neither of use looses out ?
I feel we need to find a common ground on the matter and move forward

Paul

Reg i Have just spoken to my direct supplier on this product and passed on how many problems we are having they are not the people who make them but as a good will gesture they have offered to credit us for the damaged bricks if we can get a photo or proof to back this up i have forwarded your first and second email to them with the paper work for the delivery ETC and I am now just waiting a decision back from them , I will keep you posted soon as here from them if you do have any pictures this may help the cause

Paul
Less 2 Build

Hi Paul, I pushed the wrong button and sent my last message before finishing it, I was about to say I have taken advice and if I took you to the small claims court you would be found to be in breach of the Sale of Goods, Act REG7

He wouldnt because he is trying to resolve the issue with yourself, and has contacted the supplier.

He would only be in breach of the act if he did nothing to resolve it, which he clearly is doing.

If you went through the small claims at this stage, you would be unsuccesful, you have to exhaust every other avenaue, and prove you have done, before it will be heard.

I dont feel we will need to go down this route , But a valid point all the less

I am doing all i can to resolve this matter for you Reg ,

Paul
Less 2 Build

Hi Paul, as I suggested at the start of this fiasco replace the damaged bricks, or cover the cost of me replacing them down here at a local dealer, then I would be off your back and I would have bricks I can use. You can make arrangements to pay a local dealer and I would go and collect them, and I would even take some of the broken ones to show the dealer that I am not trying to con you, thats not my style all I want is unbroken bricks. I can even take a photo of the worst damaged ones and send it to you. I can send you the details of local dealers so you can pick one, the ball is now in your court. REG7

Hi , Reg a photo will be very helpful ,
I will make a refund for you on the damaged ones as per previous posts
This will then give you the funds for the damaged bricks and you can then source the ones you need locally to finish the project ?

Will this be ok , This way you can then select bricks to match the colour you have there now

Paul
Less 2 Build

Hi Paul, yes I will be happy to go through your dealer and he can have the damaged ones as proof, I will take a photo later and send it to you, it may be in an hour or so as one of my sons will be coming to see me, and he can do it. I am not to good with that part of a computer. Will also go through the damaged bricks and get an exact figure, I gave up counting at 20 but will give you the correct figure, I want no more than I paid for REG7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back