LG 1402FDS Error code AE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
LG 1402FDS Washer

Hi,
Came back off holiday to find washer cw supply hose had split due to the cold weather so garage was rather soggy - have fitted a new hose and now the washer shows error code 'AE' which according the instruction manual has the following fix: Symptom - Water Leak, Action - Call Service.

Before I go in the back of the m/c has anybody any further info?

Cheers,
Rob.

Sponsored Links
It indicates a leak has activated the flood protection device in the base. Lean the machine forward (or backward) & see if water runs out of the base. If it does you may be able to restart...but the source of the leak will need to be identified & fixed. I think it would be wise to remove the lid & check if the inlet valve has popped first.

:D Thanks for that, just got home from work and have tipped it forward on a couple of wood blocks and have got quite a puddle out of it - will leave it for a couple of hours to drain and then try again - the flexible hose had bust at the top near where it joins onto the valve on the copper piping and was spraying the back of the washer with water so I'm hoping it's just a consequence of that and not the inlet valve! (trying to avoid taking it apart until weekend). Will update later....

O/T - Our two local B&Q's had no blue washer hoses - one didn't have any left and I bought the last one at the other last night and neither had any pipe insulation left!!

Perhaps it might be an idea to remove the lid & back cover to help get rid of any residual dampness...then when you fire it up again you'll be able to check if anything else is leaking before it can do any damage. B & Q must have made a fair lump selling washer hoses after all the cold weather. One of these things is handy to have in your garage in the winter time http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/180W-4-1222mm...aring_Cooling_Air&hash=item4152476b0c&afsrc=1 especially if your washer lives in there :D

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I'm an electronics service engineer by trade so normally I would have been straight in there but I've drawn the short straw this year and have been on call so haven't really had time to get inside and the wife wants to do the holiday washing ;) but good news anyway, I tried it on a quick wash cycle to see if there were any leaks and all was good so put it on a cotton wash to bump up the temperature and hopefully dry the thing out and it's just in it's last half hour of the cycle and no problems so far :D
Will probably open it at weekend but its got me out of a hole for the moment.

Will have to sort some kind of frost heater out if this is going to be an indication of things to come - trouble is it's a double garage so the thing is never going to knock off and don't want to put it too close to the washer in case it isn't sufficient and we have a repeat - will have to have a think.

Anyway thanks for the help - much appreciated.

PS
I was looking on the net for spares for this m/c just in case and couldn't find any suppliers (or I was using the wrong search terms, but used the model no. and 'inlet valve') - do you have any idea where to get spares from?

Good the machine is running again. I doubt if you will need a replacement inlet valve...if yours had popped because of frost damage then believe me you would have noticed it by now. However if you find you need one later then buy a universal type, you'll get one for a fiver or less http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/Washing+Machine+Parts/LG/Inlet+Valves.htm Just make sure to check the valve orientation & hose diameter (12 or 14mm). A "frost guard" heater wouldn't cost you the earth even if the thermostat never triped out. You'd probably get away with less than 250W for a double garage, it doesn't take that much :D

Had a look and everything looks ok inside.

Have ordered a tubular heater and will connect it up in conjunction with an adjustable froststat so shouldn't cost the earth to run (only 120W anyway, but didn't want it on 24/7/365)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back