lighting under the 17th edition

G

george765

Does a lighting circuit in single core through 20mm round conduit, need to be protected by an RCD ?

Sponsored Links
It depends on the conduit type, how and where it is run, and where the light will be.

?
20mm round black conduit in garage on ceiling joists.

Sponsored Links
The OP doesn't exactly make it easy.

It's like me asking on an animal care forum what sort of food should I feed my pet?

The OP doesn't exactly make it easy.

It's like me asking on an animal care forum what sort of food should I feed my pet?

anything that it will eat..
if it's poisonous to it you will soon know when it starts vomiting everywhere...

as for the OP, NO you don't need to RCD protect the cables in the surface conduit specifically, however if you have TT earthing then your house should already have and overall RCD..
If it's a seperate garage and you are relying on TT earthing for it then ALL of the circuits inside it will need to be RCD protected..
this is usually done by installing a "garage CU" with an RCD main switch, or a standard main switch and RCBO's..

Smaller pets belonging to people you don't like.

"'thcuse me thir... do you sell bunny wabbits?"

"aww, how cute... do you want a fwuffy wittle bwown wabbit or fwuffy wittle white wabbit? "

"I don't think my pet python weawwy gives a thit... "

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back