lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new lights put in. The output of the lights was 500 watt. It was connected to a dimmer switch. I did not know the rating of the dimmer switch. The other day I left the light on for a long time,and the dimmer got too hot. Following morning i tried to switch the light on and it would not work.
The problem is I have two indepent lights connected to a twin dimmer switch. When I opened the socket I noticed there was only single cable coming into the switch. There was also a link between the two dimmer switch.I am a bit puzzeled how this is connected. I need to replace the twin dimmer switch but do know how you can get two indepent lights working like previously with the existing single cable to the switch. Please help!!!

Sponsored Links
note my siganture.

you also need to have a dimmer switch that is capable of handling the total load of the lights, the one you had obviously wasn't since that is why it no longer works

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back