lining paper - wider widths?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, not been on here for quite a while so hoping for a bit of advice.

I am looking to using lining paper on a ceiling freeze, just 2 long lengths above the picture rail to hide some troublesome cracks. I picked up a roll of 1000 grade the other day but stupidly didn't measure the width above the rail, I thought it was slightly less than a roll width, it's not! Its a width and about 2 inches. To save a join can you get wider width rolls, if so were from? I am guessing a decorators merchant and not somewhere like b&q, hope this make sense, cheers

carl

Sponsored Links
Albany used to do a 75cm width lining paper but you would probably only find it online or in the odd decorators merchants and I doubt if any DIY stores will stock wider than the standard 55/56cm rolls.

thanks, yes just need a single roll, going to try a few dec merchants tomorrow but you have answered my question, wider widths are available.

Sponsored Links
You're going to go to a lot of trouble to save a join :eek:

Just measure the width, halve it, paste both edges, cut it and splice it on the wall. Or adjust accordingly.

It's normal to put one piece of lining up to the next.

Growler, not sure if my OP was clear - I am trying to run one length of paper the length of the room, about 12ft, the problem is the the freeze from picture rail to ceiling is a few inches wider than a standard size roll so I am looking for a wider roll. I don't want to see a join. I did a similar job on my landing and it looks the part, difficult to tell is has been lined, however the landing freeze is an inch less than a standard roll so not a problem. Struggling a bit to find someone to supply a single roll.

Growler, not sure if my OP was clear - I am trying to run one length of paper the length of the room, about 12ft, the problem is the the freeze from picture rail to ceiling is a few inches wider than a standard size roll so I am looking for a wider roll. I don't want to see a join. I did a similar job on my landing and it looks the part, difficult to tell is has been lined, however the landing freeze is an inch less than a standard roll so not a problem. Struggling a bit to find someone to supply a single roll.

Not sure I made myself clear either.

So, If you're frieze was 3 widths (large frieze) you would put 3 lengths on. It's lining paper. That's what you do with lining paper or wallpaper :!:
If under the frieze, you wanted to do it with lining paper and there were 5 widths, you wouldn't be looking for a roll of lining paper 5 widths wide. You'd put 5 widths on.
That's what wallpapering is. Butt the joins, allow to dry and emulsion. Done correctly, you wont see a join.

I'm sat in a lounge now, where it's all lined. Walls and ceiling....loads of joins but everyone think's it's been plastered.

How would you go on if you'd to line a dado @ 3feet widths :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back