link from dishawasher hose to bosch dishwasher keeps blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am at my wits end.
My dishwasher is on an extended hose and is linked by a compression fitting ti a bosch dishwasher.
It was fine for a few months, then the hose blew off the fitting! I had PTFEd the plastic fitting, as required and was shocked when this happened.
So I changed the fitting to a trade save fitting and its happened again!!
Any ideas or pointers...I'm really embaressed :oops:

Sponsored Links
Post a picture of the hose and the fitting.

Is the hose blowing off from the water connection of the dishwasher?

Where are you using the compression fitting? Most hoses just use a threaded fitting with a rubber washer.

It is possible you may have stripped the thread on either the hose or the connection on the dishwasher. But need a picture to confirm

Hi,
The dishwasher connection(the end that is normally connected to the dishwasher with the rubber washer in it) is blowing off the compression fitting. The compression link remains in dishwasher link to cold water/
The only thing I can think of is to put loctite thread on the threads.

Sponsored Links
Why are you using a compression fitting? I still don't quite understand what you mean, are you using a compression fitting body to join 2 hoses together? If you are it is the wrong fitting. Picture would really help.

Or are you getting your fitting types mixed up? This is a compression fitting:
http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/Product/!!CFI301/22!!/22!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back