Lintel balls up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i think i have made a balls up...

I have been lintelling the front of a porch / garage and just bought some cg90/100 catnic's.

the roof is very small, has a 20 degree pitch, and length of roof is 1.5m with double romans.

first mistake is that i didn't note the loading ratios of the inner and outer leafs. I had seen them used like this before, but didnt realised they were special eaves lintels.

Also made a similar balls up infront of the garage. I got a 3.6m cg90/100 which stretches over a garage and a cupboard, so essentially proped as 2/3 of its max width. I have 2 blocks on the back and 3 bricks on the front, so probably got the ratio thing wrong again. Didnt prop it in the middle, so hopefully it wont sag. Also only supporting a small roof 2.5m long with double romans.

I have looked at the imposed loads and thought 15kn would be plenty for the tiny porch.. and 26kn would be plenty, especially as its permanently propped at 2/3rds of it overall length.

I wonder if i am over worrying about this and should take a chill pill. I realise i am probably playing a bit fast and loose..

Cheers
A

Sponsored Links
The loads will not be that great and on this scale, I very much doubt that the difference in loading between the inner and outer skins will matter'
Take that pill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back