liquid dpm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just wondering why a 50mm screed has to be applied over an aquaprufe paint on dpm for it to be effective? would a layer of self levelling not suffice?

Cheers

ste

Sponsored Links
And does it says so on the tin of aquaprufe?
Found various references online about the product - various brands though - but none mentions anything about 50mm screed. So which product to you have?

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies,

I was generalising about the aquaprufe product as there are several on the market e.g. cementone damp proof, aquaprufe, wickes, blackjack ect.
As I understand it most of them mention a 50mm screed after two coats have been applied at right angles. self levelling would be easier as long as the dpm would be effective.

Thanks

Never used the product myself though, but can understand the reasoning if it needs a thick layer over it: self leveling compound will never work for 50mm and if the product works best underneath a 50mm layer than that is what you should use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back