List of Gas Boilers rated by efficiency?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure i've seen a list starting with te most efficient boilers listed in descending order - does anyone have a link?

What is the most efficient boiler available (%) SEDBUK or SAP

Sponsored Links
Thanks - been to that site but there is no way to sort the boilers by their efficiency rating (%) that I can see. other than to search for A rated boilers which only means over 90% (do any boilers get better than 90%? What is the best?)

the sedbuk readings are vwery misleading. most A rated boilers are very similar efficiencies and the sedbuk system won't tell you which will be the cheapest to run.

Sponsored Links
What's misleading about them? Are they not supposed to give a general idea and comparison of how an average family/house uses the heating / hot water or are they missing something?

How would I find out the most efficient boiler for me?

whats misleading is they measure the efficiency of the he heat exchanger in a "perfect world scenario". It doesnt take into account the type of boiler controls and so on etc.

yes, and they have just changed how they measure %'s you have some right dodgy looking boilers at the top of the list now :eek:

having a reliable, correctly sized boiler with good controls well do you better than looking at that list :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back