Living room layout and storage help needed!!

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello everybody. I am in huge need for some help! Needless to say I am not a architect, designer or anything to do with houses but I managed to create this wonderful apartment which I absolutely love. However I seem to have a problem with the living room… I have brought my furniture from my previous one and don’t seem to find a way to arrange them in a suitable way… as a result every time I enter the living room is something “ehhh, yes something must be done here” but unfortunately my mind has run out of ideas…. I am uploading plans and a list of the existing furniture… please help me… I need a living room with some style and not just furniture thrown together and I would also like to have some kind or storage unit due to severe storage need in the house… I was thinking something on the wall in the “dining” area but still haven’t found something that its beautiful, functional and not too bulky … thank you so much for you time… I am looking forward hearing your ideas!

Room details:

6,71m long 320 wide

There are two large openings one 1,67m (entrance) and one 1,47m (connection to other rooms)

There are two radiators, one large balcony door and a corner fireplace

Furniture:

Sofa: W235 D100 H80 cm

Dining table: It is extendable but closed it measures W100 D74 H78 cm

Dining chairs: 2x W43 D47 H86 & 2x W52 D57 H80

Armchair: W68 D58 H90

Coffee table: 110x60

Art piece that consists from 4 individual pieces measuring H100xW50 cm

*The rugs have not been bought yet.. I just like the idea of rugs and tried to see how they could “separate” the spaces… Also all colors in art and rugs are not the intended colors..are just what the software had available

*for some reason pictures are not uploading... here is a link of the file online...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-STmrbaHH_7MWs4aHQ0ZGFUbW8?usp=sharing

Sponsored Links
Which of the openings is the balcony?

How often do how many people use the dining table?

the balcony is the one between the sofa and the fireplace...
as for the dining table...we are three in the house daily but i doubt we use it more than once or twice a week... :(

Sponsored Links
Go to ikea and buy beautiful white box like shelfing, like square boxes (cube shelfing) or similar in style :line them all up against the wall in dining room back wall, and that should sort out storage, also turn dining table across, that should give you more space but when you need to entertain turn it back and stretch it long. or something like this
images

Last edited:
That is exzactly what I had in my mind the first one, it gives you best of both, units with doors as well as open style shelf, like cubes, floor to ceiling, I don't like the 2nd one which looks more like for a bedroom..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back