Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This be ok ?

magna.jpg

Just trying to put it somewhere nice & easy getatable come service time

:eek:

Sponsored Links
well, it ought to go on the return. But you want to fit it upright, on a vertical pipe, otherwise the contents (about a pint of water) will spill out every time you take the cap off to clean the sediment off the magnet sleeve.

This is not just a Service Time job, for the first few weeks or months you might want to have a look inside once a week until it stays fairly clean.

Can't you put it in the vertical pipe lower than the boiler?

p.s. you'll be getting air collect in that loop, I suppose?

Umm I'll look @ the measurements, But it will mean it being behind the cylinder...... It has a bleed fingi on the top of it ....... So Its simple enough to psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss the air out ........ I wasn't planning on it collecting anything with a new system ........ Or am I about to be surprised :D

:!: :!: :!:

as well as bleeding the air out, you have to unscrew the cap with a big spanner. The cap lifts off with the magnet. You have to close the two service valves first. I wouldn't put it behind the cylinder if I were you!

Interestingly, the magnet is so strong that if you let it capture e.g. a screwdriver or knife, you will not be able to pull it off, and will have to slide it down to the end to free it.

If you look at the makers website they have some demo videos which i think will help you understand how it is used.

Sponsored Links
I have one in my pile O' bits here ...... I was just tossing the idea of mounting it up along side the boiler....... I recon' its worth a punt...... Not that difficult of a task if something weired happens....... Mind you life would not be life if the odd googley wasn't bowled your/my way :eek:

you don't want to lose the pleasure of pulling the magnet out and marvelling at the black sludge it's collected.

Very satisfying.

Has anyone had the pleasure of fitting an industrial Magnaclean? Was it any good?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back