locks

slh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am new to this site it looks good though ?

i know a bit about locks if its any use to anyone?

Sponsored Links
That's great, just hope you're not a burglar ;)

Welcome to the forum

wecome slh

can you tell me - are there any 'secret' codes printed on keys to tell the locksmith not to cut spare keys?

I'm curious as most tenancies have clauses saying that extra copies cannot be made without the approval of the landlord

Sponsored Links
the majority of keys do not have a "special marking" it is only certain types of key that are unique to something specific, , eg the old AA key for thir call boxes, no decent lock smith should cut one.

The point you refer to i believe you will find is a legal statement

slh, I would like some advice re lock fitting..

I am looking at fitting a 'Euro' type mortice lock as the keys are smaller than the traditional mortice lock (it will please the missus) but I do not want to sacrifice security if these are not as effective as a five / seven lever mortice.

Do you have a view as to how effective / secure the 'Euro' type locks are when compared to the more usual mortice locks?

good luck, slh only made 1 post

slh said:
i am new to this site it looks good though ?

i know a bit about locks if its any use to anyone?
I am knew too but still trying not to bodge after 40 years diy! Are you or anyone please able to tell me where to buy the oval escutcheons in brass usually supplied with the window locks found in DIY stores? the little hole in the middle is round of course. The manufacturers and many locksmiths refuse or cannot sell them as a separate item which I can understand I suppose.I only need 5.

pak, please read my note in previous post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back