lofra multifunction main oven not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had our lofra multifunction oven for 4 years. its a dual fuel cooker i.e. gas hob and oven is electric.
the problem is, the main oven has stopped working i.e. nothing comes on... the lights or the oven itself, the smaller oven on top works fine, just the bigger main oven, not getting any response.

i got a local repair company to have a look, and they have suggested that it 'may' be the timer as the timer knob does not stop when turning either way. unfortunately they are unable to source the timer from anywhere!
where would i check for availability on this? and how can i establish that this is definitely causing the problem.
model: Lofra MXUD 76AMFE/C

ive managed to locate the cooker, from an online search. also seems like lofra doesnt exist anymore icon_sad.gif

http://www.jualdomestics.com/?act=viewProd&productId=7811

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Possible that the element and lamp have both blown. May be worth checking before ordering a timer.

(You did not say what the local company checked)

Sponsored Links
i really could do with some help sourcing this timer, does anyone know anywhere else i can try?

Can we assume that power is getting to the timer ? (some have thermal fuses in line from the power supply block which when blown stop the main oven working as well as the timer)

If so to solve this problem last year a customer had his timer linked out so that the oven would work and he just had no timer.

Yep, he checked for that. It was getting power ok. Was going to explore the option of disconnecting the timer. I was hoping that I could get hold of a timer though first.
Thanks.

How many buttons does the timer have ? It will have been bought from a timer manufacturer not made by the cooker manufacturer so....

If you can remove it post photos I might be able to help !

PS just remove neutral from the timer tape it up the oven may work manually !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back