Log burner with resin fire surround.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just after a bit of advise. We had log burner installed one year ago and have recently been given a resin fire surround, it looks beautiful but have been told the fire surround will melt due to heat, dont want a lump of nothing and a fire due to this. Please advise.

Sponsored Links
Classic :LOL:

A fire surround with a warning notice saying "do not place near heat" :evil:

Saying that I wouldn't have thought resin was good, perhaps its a dummy surround for decorative purposes only.

Sponsored Links
I don't think anyone here will be able to give you an absolute answer, as it must depend on how far the resin is from the wood burner itself.
I was always under the impression that resin surrounds we're only really suitable for decorative fires, as the resin melts and also produces some smell.
It's probably only the manufacturer who could give you the correct info.
My own timber fire surround can get so hot it's uncomfortable to touch, but of course that's way off any ignition temperature.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back