Looking for a mechanism - custom desk with bar table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

As above really, I am looking for a mechanism for my custom made desk with bar table. I will show picture below, if anyone has any idea what mechanism to buy for it, then that would be a huge help for me.....

FYI, basically it would be a mechanism that is height adjustable.

Many many thanks...........

d1215e5c6c780a03e6ea4b06082fdbfb.png

5cb923109c801bd2913e956fd9ac5745.png

4b4a32f0bff05ec3029fcdf4fe0f1d16.png

5a0bbe6dcaee0a5d22a06fbff6effdd0.png

Sponsored Links
There are quite a few electrically-powered lift systems made for disabled furniture as well as TV pop-up, etc. Possibly the best known manufacturer is Auton, although there are others

You might be able to use the pneumatic cylinder ("gas lift") from an office chair - though it looks like you might need more travel than they normally offer.

From my own experiences of using these a few years back on a production project: the gas cylinders in chairs are very specific in terms of both weight they will carry/move and the stroke length and so probably won't be suitable, however, there are firms such as Dictator who will purpose make cylinders to your stroke and loading requirements; whilst you can easily compress these cylinders with a heavy load (such as an adult) they can be extremely difficult for a smaller adult of reduced build (e.g. my missus) to operate from a standing position due to the load requirement; they are designed to operate with a loading within a fairly tight range (e.g. 25 to 35kg) and if loaded to less than that can extend extremely quickly, potentially propelling anything loaded atop the cylinder on a surface such as a table top in the general direction of the ceiling; they are not progressive in action when extending unless placed under a considerable load (such as a car tailgate). All in all I came to the conclusion that in small scale furniture lift products they were of extremely limited use

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back